In honor of the Dancing With the Stars finale won by a Houstonian, Donald Driver, our writing prompt this week deals with ballroom dancing. I loved this photo because there are so many emotions that can be identified in such a dramatic dance. Use this to write about this couple and their relationship. Read through all the questions below and then start answering.
1. What is the woman’s name? What is her age? Name one emotion that describes her this night.
2. What is the man’s name? What is his age? Name one emotion that describes him this night.
3. What is their relationship? Married? Dating? Married, but to other people? Did they just meet? Is this their first dance or one of many?
4. Look at the tilted angle of the photograph. Take that tilt and make it a tilt in the dancers’ story. Is he a bully? Is she? Is one of them overly dependent on the other? Is one of them taking advantage of the other?
5. Where does this couple go from here?
“To dance is to reach for a word that doesn’t exist,
To sing the heartsong of a thousand generations,
To feel the meaning of a moment in time.”
– Beth Jones
Write your dancing scene. Tell us about your scene in a summary in the comment section of the blog!