Here is our creative writing prompt for Mother’s Day. As you look at the picture below fill in these details about the two characters.
1. Name the mother and describe her including body shape, hair and clothing.
2. Name the child and describe him/her including body shape, hair and clothing.
3. Identify the situation. Is the mother scolding the child? Is the mother reassuring the child? Is the mother giving instructions to the child?
4. Write a scene including dialogue illustrating what is going on. Be sure to show the action through dialogue and movement. Do not just tell the story in the form of narration.
5. Plot Twist-Put one unpredictable element in this scene.
This picture was submitted by Gracey at Morguefile